1. Does the insurance have coverage for COVID-19?
Yes, the insurance covers in case of being diagnosed with COVID-19, where you can have Medical Assistance coverage for illness, which covers medical consultation, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
2. Does the insurance have a family plan option?
Yes, you can purchase family plans between 2 and 4 members per family, which have a preferential price.
3. How many days of coverage can I purchase?
You can purchase between 3 and 90 days of coverage.
4. What is the price of the insurance?
The daily price of the insurance varies according to the number of days of your trip and the chosen plan, since the sum insured also varies.
5. Does the insurance have a deductible or copay?
No, the insurance does not have any deductible or copay when using the coverage.
6. How can I request the use of coverage?
At the time you require to make use of the coverage, please contact our specialists at +57 318-554-4699, in order to provide you with all the advice and support required.
7. Can I buy multiple plans to expand the amount of my insurance?
No, you can only purchase one plan per insured.
8. How can I request a copy of the insurance certificate?
You will receive a copy of your insurance certificate in your email, once you have completed the purchase. If you require a copy of your insurance certificate, please contact our Customer Service specialists by phone or WhatsApp at + 506 4000-0914 to be able to send it to you.
9. Does the insurance have a waiting time to be able to use it?
The insurance does not have a waiting period, its coverage begins when you leave Costa Rica.
10. Does the insurance cover pre-existing conditions?
You will be covered if you require a clinical consultation due to a pre-existing illness.
11. How can I process the cancellation / change of insurance, in the event of a trip cancellation?
If you need to cancel or change the Insurance, please contact the email firstname.lastname@example.org or our chat at Tiendasagicor.com. The cancellation can be made if it is within 5 business days after the purchase and provided that the coverage period has not started.
12. In case of extension of travel days, can I buy more days of coverage?
Yes, you can purchase more days of coverage if needed. However, the following should be considered:
- That no assistance service has been used within the validity of the policy.
- That the current policy has not expired. If it had expired and the issuance of a new policy is authorized, the first five (5) days of validity of the new plan will be considered as a grace period and exemption from liability for providing services or benefits.
- All medical assistance treated in the first plan will automatically be considered as pre-existing during the validity of the second plan and therefore will not be assumed.
- The acquisition of one or more medical assistance services does not produce the accumulation of the services or amounts of medical assistance and/or benefits or of the time contemplated in them. In these cases, only the limits established in the services that are most beneficial may be applied.
13. Does this insurance cover Costa Rican citizens or residents who wish to travel outside of Costa Rica?
Yes, this policy only covers national tourists or residents who want to go outside of Costa Rica.
14. Where can I see the details of the coverage and exclusions of the policy?
These details can be found in the links located in the footer of our website in the Legal Documents section.